psychological, and spiritual needs of over 75,000 migrant men,
women and children in insufficient, makeshift and temporary
facilities, over the past 10 years.
After years of planning, the KBI is ready to move forward to build
a NEW facility to better meet our mission. Your support of the new
Migrant Outreach Center will enable the KBI to better meet the
increasing needs of migrants at the border and accommodate those
who want to witness for themselves the reality of migration through
volunteerism and educational experiences.
• Walking distance from the border.
• Secure overnight shelter for up to 130 men, women, children, including space for families and transgender people.
• Large comedor (dining room) and modern kitchen that can serve 360 meals each day.
• Designed with the safety of the migrants, volunteers and staff in mind.
• Dedicated, private spaces to provide first aid, legal assistance and documentation of violence.
• A chapel and private room for spiritual renewal and pastoral counseling.
• Resources for laundry, telecommunications, recreation and work.
• Space for more volunteers and visitors to witness, accompany, learn and serve.
• 18,000 square feet of remodeled and new construction.