We are hiring for the Volunteer Coordinator position:
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: KBI Volunteer Coordinator Posting 2021
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for encouraging persons and communities to be in solidarity with migrants that the Kino Border Initiative serves. This role includes collaborating with KBI staff team to recruit and engage volunteers to support KBI’s mission and ensuring compliance with the KBI Safe Environment Program.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work primarily in the following areas:
- Identify needs and schedule volunteers in coordination with relevant KBI staff.
- Recruit and onboard volunteers to assist with KBI’s humanitarian aid programs, and support to KBI’s education and advocacy dimensions.
- Ensure that new and current volunteers are compliant with Safe Environment Program and that their individual files are audit-ready (details within job description).
- Organize programming for volunteers, both full time visiting volunteers and interns as well as volunteers based locally who are regularly engaged with KBI.
- Promote a community atmosphere among the team of volunteers and the KBI staff.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority deadline of October 11, 2021.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and contact information with three professional references to: Jorge Torres, email@example.com
KBI values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture — people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, immigrants, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.