We are hiring for the Advocacy Coordinator position:
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: Advocacy Coordinator Jan 22
The Advocacy Coordinator supports the Director of Education and Advocacy and the Associate Director for Education and Advocacy in implementing the advocacy strategy, leveraging the resources and networks of KBI to promote humane and just migration policy in a way attentive to both Catholic Social Teaching and the contemporary realities of border and migration policies.
The Advocacy Coordinator will work primarily in the following areas:
- In partnership with other staff, implement the strategic plan for advocacy efforts in the US and Mexico that is attentive to the realities experienced by the migrants that KBI accompanies.
- Support building and maintaining connections with Congressional offices to inform them and persuade them to champion policies that promote the dignity of migrants.
- Support the Associate Director of Education and Advocacy in the development of leadership and empowerment of migrants both in Nogales and those who received support in Nogales and are now in the US.
- Support Associate Director of Education and Advocacy with documenting abuses, both in the US and Mexico, training others to document abuses, and other relevant projects as needed.
- Maintain statistics and databases that favor efficient advocacy work.
- In collaboration with the Education Coordinator, host individuals and groups for multi-day, one day or half-day visits to the Kino Border Initiative and explain its work and the context of migration.
- In collaboration with other education and advocacy staff and an eye toward KBI advocacy goals, plan networking and leadership development events that build the capacity of Kino Teens and other leaders at KBI partner institutions to effectively
respond to current migrant justice issues.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of February 1, 2022.
Please send cover letter, writing sample, resume and contact information with three professional references to Tracey Horan: email@example.com
KBI values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture — people of color, women, individuals
with disabilities, immigrants, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly
encouraged to apply for this position.
We are hiring for the Volunteer Coordinator position:
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: JD-021 Volunteer Coordinator – Dec 2021 Revision
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for encouraging persons and communities to be in solidarity with migrants that the Kino Border Initiative serves. This role includes collaborating with KBI staff team to recruit and engage volunteers to support KBI’s mission and ensuring compliance with the KBI Safe Environment Program.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work primarily in the following areas:
- Identify needs and schedule volunteers in coordination with relevant KBI staff.
- Recruit and onboard volunteers to assist with KBI’s humanitarian aid programs, and support to KBI’s education and advocacy dimensions.
- Ensure that new and current volunteers are compliant with Safe Environment Program and that their individual files are audit-ready (details within job description).
- Organize programming for volunteers, both full time visiting volunteers and interns as well as volunteers based locally who are regularly engaged with KBI.
- Promote a community atmosphere among the team of volunteers and the KBI staff.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with priority deadline of January 11, 2022.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and contact information with three professional references to: Jorge Torres, firstname.lastname@example.org
KBI values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture — people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, immigrants, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply for these positions.