We are hiring for a Development Coordinator position:
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: Development Coordinator Job Description
The Development Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director, Development Associate and an external consultant to organize and support the internal and external fundraising and donor communications strategies for the KBI.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with administrative skills and experience who would like to grow into a professional fund development role.
The Development Coordinator may live and work remotely in Tucson, AZ but will be expected to commute at least two days per week to Nogales.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. EXTERNAL DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION & DONOR STEWARDSHIP (40%)
- Identify and prioritize the Executive Director’s donor cultivation and communication efforts, including
scheduling meetings and organizing donor visits, tours and events
- Communicate directly with donors to show gratitude and appreciation, as well as learn more about
donor interests and intentions
- Facilitate board and volunteer engagement in fundraising and stewardship activities; including acting
as staff liaison to annual fundraising Dinner Event planning committee
2. INTERNAL DEVELOPMENT LIAISON & STAFF COORDINATION (40%)
- Coordinate staff engagement in fundraising activities including organizing and collecting migrant
stories and facilitating staff involvement in donor events and activities
- Manage the agenda and facilitate regular meetings of the Development Team
- Provide direct supervision to and support of Development Associate
3. ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT & REPORTING (20%)
- Monitor grant application and reporting deadlines and coordinate financial and programmatic
information gathering among staff
- Oversee and provide back up support to donor database gift entry and acknowledgement
- Produce and share monthly development reports
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Apply through SmartRecruiter at https://smrtr.io/95yT3.
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information with three professional references.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of July 1, 2022. Screening interviews will take place in mid–July with final candidate selection expected by mid–August.
We are hiring for a General Cook
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: Cociner@ de tiempo completo (1).docx-1
Full-Time General Cook
The purpose of this position is to guarantee that enough food is prepared on time for the people that we serve in accordance with the schedule established by the Shelter Coordinator. This role also includes collaborating with all service areas at KBI that provide accompaniment to ensure the well being of the migrants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the cooking service
- Empty and clean up the pots and pans used during cooking shift
- Collaborate with the volunteers and servers to do the dishes, clean pots and chop vegetables.
- Cook all food and drinks during his/her work shift and help serve the meals.
- Improvise the cooking of additional meals when required.
- Keep the kitchen clean and organized daily
- Clean and organize the refrigerators, the food storage rooms, and all food donations.
- Follow the instructions given by the Shelter Coordinator during her absence.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to Monica Olivas firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of March 08, 2022
We are hiring for the Advocacy Coordinator position:
DOWNLOAD FULL JOB DESCRIPTION: Advocacy Coordinator Jan 22
The Advocacy Coordinator supports the Director of Education and Advocacy and the Associate Director for Education and Advocacy in implementing the advocacy strategy, leveraging the resources and networks of KBI to promote humane and just migration policy in a way attentive to both Catholic Social Teaching and the contemporary realities of border and migration policies.
The Advocacy Coordinator will work primarily in the following areas:
- In partnership with other staff, implement the strategic plan for advocacy efforts in the US and Mexico that is attentive to the realities experienced by the migrants that KBI accompanies.
- Support building and maintaining connections with Congressional offices to inform them and persuade them to champion policies that promote the dignity of migrants.
- Support the Associate Director of Education and Advocacy in the development of leadership and empowerment of migrants both in Nogales and those who received support in Nogales and are now in the US.
- Support Associate Director of Education and Advocacy with documenting abuses, both in the US and Mexico, training others to document abuses, and other relevant projects as needed.
- Maintain statistics and databases that favor efficient advocacy work.
- In collaboration with the Education Coordinator, host individuals and groups for multi-day, one day or half-day visits to the Kino Border Initiative and explain its work and the context of migration.
- In collaboration with other education and advocacy staff and an eye toward KBI advocacy goals, plan networking and leadership development events that build the capacity of Kino Teens and other leaders at KBI partner institutions to effectively
respond to current migrant justice issues.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of February 1, 2022.
Please send cover letter, writing sample, resume and contact information with three professional references to Tracey Horan: email@example.com
KBI values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture — people of color, women, individuals
with disabilities, immigrants, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly
encouraged to apply for this position.