We offer a number of educational programs on both sides of the border, such as:
- An hour-long presentation on immigration at your parish or school.
- A longer 2-3 hour workshop on immigration and related issues.
- A visit to our projects in Nogales, Sonora. We can accompany your group for a multi-day experience or receive you for a morning or a full day.
- We can facilitate “Dialogue Sessions” at your parish, where different opinions on the immigration issue can be expressed followed by fair and respectful dialogue.
- We can train parish personnel, religious educators in particular, to be able to lead discussions on immigration related topics.
Fees (As of January, 2014)
For some of our programs we do charge a fee. Please see the list below to find the program and the fee charged per group.
- A morning visit to our comedor (soup kitchen) and/or our shelter for women and children – $50.00
- A multi-day immersion experience, which would include a visit to our projects in Nogales, Sonora, Mexico, presentations on immigration, and other programming, such as a desert walk experience, a trip to Operation Streamline in Tucson, a visit to one of Father Kino’s missions, etc. – $300.00 per day
- A presentation at a school or parish in Arizona on immigration and related topics – $50.00
- Travel to your school or parish (outside Arizona) to give a presentation (usually lasting one to three hours) on immigration and related topics – prices vary, please inquire for more information
To schedule immersion trips longer than two days, we request a $150 deposit. KBI staff can provide details on invoicing.