In our early years, KBI primarily served migrants deported back to Nogales. We continue to provide assistance to those individuals as well as people fleeing violence from Mexico and other countries who, because of US policy, are not able to access immediate safety in the US but are instead stranded in Mexico. KBI works to promote humane, just and workable migration through: direct humanitarian assistance and holistic accompaniment of migrants; education and encounter between migrants and others that transforms people and communities towards solidarity with migrants; and policy advocacy in Mexico and the US. Our vision is migration with dignity.
We respect the dignity, will and abilities of migrants; and journey with them recognizing the physical, psychological, intellectual, and spiritual dimensions of their realities. At our Migrant Outreach Center, we offer humanitarian assistance to migrants in Mexico. Some of the services include: food, shelter, clothing, and medical attention. We see migrant men, women and children as whole people and God’s children who are more than their experience of migration.
We offer the following services:
- Psychological accompaniment
- Group therapy: every Sunday from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Legal assistance (US and MX)
- U.S. Legal Assistance: The Florence Refugee and Immigration Project- Border Action team offers weekly “Asylum info sessions” on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30am-12:00pm. FIRRP offers special info sessions for individuals and families who have appointments with CBPOne to learn more about next steps on Wednesdays from 10:30am-12:00pm.
- Mexican Legal Assistance: Attorney Rafael Chee is available Tuesday to Saturday from 8:30am- 2:30pm.
- Daily meals (breakfast and lunch service)
- Morning meal service: Everyday at 9:00am
- Afternoon meal service: for migrants from Juan Bosco and La Roca 1:00pm
- Hours: Everyday from 7:45am- 8:45am
- Social work
- Hours: Tuesday- Saturday from 8:30am-2:30pm
- Contact us: 631-178-0190
- National and international phone calls
- Shelter (capacity 85 people each day, people can stay up to 10 days)
- Medical Clinic
- Office hours Dr. Madrigal: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Registration hours: Monday to Friday 7:45 am-11:30 am
- How can you prepare for your appointment with the doctor?
- Bring your medications that you are taking.
- Bring your Kino yellow card and have it on hand for your appointment.
- Sanitize your hands.
- Exchange of checks
- Recovery of belongings
- Money deposits
- Transportation information
- Occupational support (Livelihood Project)
- Livelihood Project Hours: Monday-Thursday from 10:00am-2:00pm.
- Embroidery and Sewing Workshop: Monday from 10:00am-1:00pm
- Contact us: 631-181-3953
- Sunday mass
- Save the Children (Safe space for girls and boys)
- Hours: Monday-Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Digital workshops to help people trying to complete the CBP One application
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 11:30am-12:30pm