By: Roxane Ramos
Here are some articles, videos, and a recent study to keep you informed about the latest in immigration and border news:
- From the Crux and recently posted on the KBI Facebook page, Pope Francis’s call to action about the “human tragedy” of migrants (You can follow us at https://www.facebook.com/Kino.Border.lnitiative?fref=ts.): http://www.cruxnow.com/church/2015/08/20/europes-bishops-echo-pope-francis-on-the-human-tragedy-of-migrants/.
- From the New Yorker, legal expert Jeffrey Toobin writes about the migrant experience and the legal challenges faced by migrant families: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/27/american-limbo.
- From AJ+, a video debunking the myths about migrants and referencing reliable sources of information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtsBY146Ds.
- From Studio 360, an article and podcast from NPR about artists who use items left behind on the journey to make thought-provoking sculpture: http://www.studio360.org/story/the-peculiar-sadness-of-a-toothbrush/.
- From TruthOut, a piece about privatization at the border and its impact on migrants: http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/32455-the-booming-business-of-border-exclusion.
- From The New York Times, an article about the migrant crisis in Europe: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/29/world/europe/europe-migrant-refugee-crisis.html?emc=edit_th_20150829&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=68564230&_r=0.
- From the Pew Research Center, results of a recent survey reveal that 72% of Americans support a legal means for undocumented immigrants to stay in the U.S.: http://www.people-press.org/2015/06/04/broad-public-support-for-legal-status-for-undocumented-immigrants/).